Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Industrial Engineer, provides support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met.
Responsible for analyzing, designing, and implementing manufacturing and business process improvements that increase capacity, reduce lead-time, reduce the work-in-process, improve fill-rates, and improve process flow and efficiency. These actions will occur across multiple facets of the organization including; manufacturing, design, supplier development, documentation, and suppliers. Projects will incorporate lean manufacturing, theory of constraints, quick response manufacturing, Just-In-Time, Methods-Time Measurement, or a variety of other systems improvement philosophies. The employee will be required to create strong relationships with team members internal and external to the organization to ensure project success.
Core Job Responsibilities:
* Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
* Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
* Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves as a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
* Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers.
* Bachelor level degree in Engineering or Technical Field
* 5+ years experience
* Previous Industrial engineering experience and demonstrated use of Quality tools/methodologies
* Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
* Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
* Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
* Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
* Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
* Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
* Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Scottsdale : 8300 E. Pacesetter Way
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English:
EEO is the Law link - Espanol:
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain