Would you excel at representing Amazon externally? Amazon has turned the transportation industry on its head by offering 363 day-a-year delivery - What will we do next? Amazon's Transportation team is changing the e-commerce delivery experience injecting packages into final mile carriers creating a fast and more efficient way to meet the needs of our customers while delivering 7 days a week. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for engaging on external advocacy efforts, working with outside consultants, and interacting with our trade associations, then this position is for you! The successful candidate will show excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, its platform, and key initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you need strong business/technical acumen and be able to grasp and describe a range of concepts and summarize proceedings. Also key is the ability to establish and handle business interactions, build and maintain critical relationships with industry representatives and respective staff.
· Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
· Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
· Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
· Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
· Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
· Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
· Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
· Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
· Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
· Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
· Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
· Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
Additional responsibilities may include:
· Develop and manage business relationship with key Final Mile (FM) carrier operational leaders at the national and regional level driving performance, communicating change, and supporting key Transportation and Operations stakeholders within Amazon.
· Be a subject matter expert on the FM carrier’s operational network capitalizing on its strength and understanding its limitations. Provide advice to Program and Project Managers.
· Communicate a consistent message regarding Amazon business requirements and direction to key members of the FM carrier’s operations management on a regular basis.
· Work with Operations and Transportation leaders to develop standard work for DDU injection and final mile delivery especially where new products or initiatives are involved.
· Leverage Amazon Program Managers, Project Leads and Product Managers to develop final mile initiatives that drive excellent customer experience and low cost.
· Develop and manage contingencies for critical events, e.g. inclement weather, disaster recovery, network outages.
· Support local transportation and operations leadership intervening where necessary to address critical performance issues impacting customer experience or efficiency.
· Monitor the FM carrier’s network conditions at all times to identify and resolve problems that can affect our customers and business. Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
· Investigate and resolve critical FM carrier customer escalations. Serve as the FM carrier operations interface for Transportation, Operations, and Program Managers supporting initiatives impacting DDU and final mile delivery.
· Set expectations and manage key performance metrics to drive customer experience and increased efficiency. Turn problems and pain points into innovative solutions to eliminate defects.
· Develop solutions to better utilize transportation assets and increase capacity of Middle Mile Carriers thru smarter final mile delivery strategies.
Want to learn more about working with Amazon Transportation Services? Check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5YqrtBGvY&feature=youtu.be
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
· 5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
· Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
· Demonstrated experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of initiatives
· Experience with data mining and data analysis
· Experience using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.
· Experience with analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, or Microsoft Access
· MBA/MS and work experience in dedicated project management highly desired
· 5+ year' experience in the small parcel space
· Practical application of program management methodology including PMP/Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen
· Advanced knowledge of analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, MS Excel, or Microsoft Access
· Demonstrated ability working in an ambiguous environment
· Experience handling changing priorities and using good judgment when working in stressful situations
· Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
· Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
· Proven ability to influence internal/external stakeholders without authority to adopt new processes/initiatives
· Executive level written and oral communication skills
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
· Demonstrated success in thinking strategically and executing methodically
· Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Demonstrated experience communicating data insights to others, including use of data visualization tools
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business and the competitive landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...