Description and Requirements
The Business Analyst StAS is a SQL query development position that partners with the business to evaluate the compliance and process needs of the assigned functional business areas and provide recommendations on automated testing solutions or procedures. Working on small- to large-scale projects of moderate to difficult complexity, ensures that the scope of work requested to develop, enhance or modify existing automated analytics is clearly documented, communicated and validated. Works closely with business experts to design, develop, document, test and validate solutions that meet business and compliance requirements.
1. Act as the point of contact for the assignment of specific work item(s) for automated analytics and enhancement projects of moderate complexity; coordinate day-to-day activities for small- to large-sized projects; participate in status meetings and provide status reports.
2. Identify data sources required to support the prioritized business requirements as well as key operational and statistical metrics of operating performances and creates value-added reporting analysis results for all customers, including Pass, Fail and At-Risk populations for key compliance activities related to employee performance and system processes.
3. Design, generate and review internal reporting controls to assist with ensuring the University is in compliance with governance audits and regulatory requirements.
4. Utilize and interpret detailed documentation of functional business processes, including business cases, system process diagrams, report specifications, functional requirements, and other data mapping diagrams.
5. Conduct research and analysis for proposed projects to determine feasibility, level of effort and occasionally return on investment (ROI); present findings to leadership.
6. Define testing requirements, including regression, user acceptance and other tests as needed, staging data and perform final test execution to ensure compliance and/or business needs are met; support quality assurance and control efforts via data analysis as part of pre- and post-implementation reviews for automated analytic projects.
7. Interface and develop strong working relationships with internal and external team members to understand and resolve their requests.
8. Provide direction and/or support to less experienced personnel to orient them and increase their understanding of more complex business processes to assist with designing and completing requested reporting.
9. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities above are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed above. Specific goals or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents’ performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents’ immediate supervisor or manager.
No direct supervisory responsibility.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or technology related field
• Two years of relevant work experience in a business analyst capacity
• Three years of experience writing SQL (T-SQL and/or PL/SQL preferred)
• Experience working with complicated data sets
• Demonstrated knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Ability to periodically work some nights, weekends or on call
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Experience in the Higher Education Industry
• Functional knowledge of source applications such as Oracle Financials and Vocado
• An understanding of the business and financial aid processes
• An understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Experience working with project tracking software such as TFS
• Experience working with ETL software such as MS SSIS
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Strong documentation and communication skills
• Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...