Join a company that is a leader in manufacturing innovative, high-tech, automated equipment. After 30+ years in business they continue to grow and have provided and support their equipment in 12 countries worldwide.
Industries served include: Automotive Safety Devices, Semiconductor, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Mining, Food & Beverage, Solar, Commercial & Retail Products. Core competencies include advanced high-speed motion controls, precision component placement, precision custom metrology systems, machine vision and robot & laser integration.Reasons to work for this company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Innovative Manufacturer of high-tech custom automated machinery with customers around the world in many industries
- Employs 60 people with plenty of opportunities for career growth
- Low travel
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Benefits package and a 401K Match
- Located in a convenient Phoenix suburb
Skills and Experience
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Architect, write, and debug PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable. PLC code will interact with subsystems such as motion systems, HMI/SCADA, robots, machine vision, advanced metrology systems, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), and 3rd party equipment.
- Implement control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high-volume manufacturing equipment.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Develop complex machine vision applications including, part presence, metrology, adaptive vision-motion, etc.
- Interface with the Mechanical Engineering team; attends design reviews, provides feedback on control interfaces, makes estimates of the timing and performance
- Create machine interactions with plant-wide Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to communicate product acceptability, machine status, and process variables.
- Characterize and validate automated processes using a data driven statistical approach such as Capacity test, Capability test (Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility test, Cpk, etc).
- Advanced proficiency programming industrial equipment:
- Ladder logic PLCs (Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, Siemens S7/TIA Portal)
- Human Machine Interface (AB Panelview, Ignition)
- Field bus Networks (AB DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, Profinet, Safety rated field bus networks)
- PLC Motion Control (Rockwell Kinetics, Siemens Simotics, etc.)
- Serial communication (RS-232) between PLCs and instruments
- Ethernet communications between machine PLCs and database systems
- Demonstrated excellence in programming multi-station PLCs. Must have a well-defined methodology for maintaining code structure and organization. Ability to program state machines for complex processes which involve multi-station parallel processing, pick and place automation, data acquisition, and PID control. Proven ability to design fault-tolerant systems with error handling and recovery.
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (LVDT and pressure transducers, dispense systems, temperature controllers, DC nutrunner torque controllers, current and power meters, etc)
- Experience programming Cartesian, SCARA and Articulated robots (Fanuc, Denso, ABB)
- Extensive hands-on experience with Vision systems (Cognex, Keyence, Fanuc)
- In-depth knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A).
- Working knowledge of Safety standards (ISO 13849-1, EN 62061).
- Ability to compose and publish technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment a plus.
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering (or equivalent Majors in Controls and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer or Robotics Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems.
Associated topics: adapter, dsp, electrical engineer, electrician, hardware, image processing, kv, plc, stationary engineer, wiring