Enterprise Communications Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process, and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state 'See resume' in lieu of answering.
Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.About the Position
Provides support for the City's telephone system including VoIP phone software moves, adds and changes; Automatic Call Distribution, Unified Communications; Voicemail support,technical consulting; IT project management; and high-level hardware, software and enterprise application support to all city divisions.Selection Process:
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.Minimum QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
- Drug Screen
- Motor Vehicle Department Records Check
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educationalinstitution in Computer Science or related field.
- Five years' experience in systems analysis or design, testing and implementation of computer-based information systems and project management experience working on multiple projects and assignments simultaneously required.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date. The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles requires that out-of-state driver's licenses must be surrendered within 10 days of relocating to the State of Arizona.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Develops partnerships between Information Technology and other city divisions.
- Provides leadership and input on long-range plans for leveraging technology in business solutions.
- Keeps current on new technology and exposes customers to new tools
- Manages and coordinates the IT Communications infrastructure for new city facilities and major tenant improvements. This includes reviewing building plans and providing input to architects, contractors and city staff.
- Coordinates the activation, repair, and provisioning of communications devices and services with communications carriers for both wireless and wired services.
- Supports the development of moderate-level technical specifications for the design or purchase of communications equipment including fiber optic systems, high-speed cable, data switches and routers, voice (VoIP), and related equipment: evaluates communications products.
- Acts as project coordinator for technical projects of moderate complexity in such areas as integrated voice and data, local area and wide-area networks, video, wireless systems, and related infrastructure.
- Supports phone system tasks including handset moves, adds and changes; call processing/distribution.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in a normal city office environment.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Travel to/from meetings and various locations.
to review the entire job description.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an 'otherwise qualified applicant' with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 5/20/2020 11:59 PM Arizona
Loading some great jobs for you...