Hospice of the Valley is a national leader in hospice care and has been serving the Phoenix metropolitan area since 1977. A mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, Hospice of the Valley employs compassionate, skilled professionals who are committed to excellence, enjoy teamwork and contribute daily to our mission and culture of caring. Team members experience a friendly, supportive atmosphere, leadership support, autonomy, flexibility and the privilege of doing meaningful, rewarding work.
Resource Team RN'smay becross-trained to provide care in several areas including but not limited to home visits, inpatient palliative care units, continuous care home shifts and admissions. This position provides the opportunity to experience a variety of settings within hospice nursing. Nurses educate patients and families about the disease process, help manage and control pain and other symptoms and offer solace to those in distress.Care delivery can take place in patient homes, inpatient palliative care units or in a skilled nursing facility. This position requires flexibility and an ability to travel valley-wide as needed. Weekend availability required.
- Develops and maintains therapeutic relationships.
- Conducts comprehensive nursing assessment.
- Plans care and intervenes effectively.
- Reports changes in pain/symptom assessment and management.
- Promotes patient safety.
- Facilitates smooth transition between care environments.
- Provides effective patient/family/caregiver/caregiver teaching.
- Supports the end of life process.
- Manages end-of-life ethical issues effectively.
- Collaborates in providing patient care.
- Creates timely and accurate documentation.
- Utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.
- Adheres to scope of practice/HOV standards and facilitates continuously improved processes/services.
- Maintains and enhances professional skills.
- Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current Arizona RN licensure in good standing.
- Minimum one year of recent experience in medical, surgical or critical care as a professional nurse.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solution driven, creative and resourceful problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage time well and perform assigned duties with attention detail, accuracy and follow-through.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Previous hospice or oncology experience.
- Knowledge of the death/dying and bereavement process.
- CHPN certification.
Hospice of the Valley offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include medical, dental and vision plans, generous paid time off, a matching 401k, tuition assistance, an award winning wellness program and a host of employee recognition and rewards. Employees also receive comprehensive orientation, training and resources.
Hospice of the Valley is an equal employment opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V