Employment Type: Full-Time
'> Description Safety Requirements: Understand and comply with all Safety Policies and Programs. Maintain an organized work area by coordinating efforts with Dept. personnel and Supervisors, completing all required housekeeping tasks and report any unsafe working conditions.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to bend, twist, walk, stand, and climb for a period of a 12-hour shift. Also, must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs by reaching above and below shoulder height.
Basic Job Requirements: Able to do basic math calculations, read and understand PDF prints for color to color register, repeat and width dimensions. Ability to learn computer skills for data entry during machine set-up and operation. Possess leadership skills to direct press personnel to work as a team for safe and efficient operation.
1. Follow all procedures in place as they relate to Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
2. Prepare press in advance for efficient change-over making sure color std, mounted sleeves, inks, paper stock, clean anilox rolls, are all press side ready to go.
3. Load paper on the unwind, prepare splicing, load the press with sleeves and correct anilox in the designated color decks. Set-up ink pumps and achieve proper circulation through the ink chamber back to the bucket to optimize containment and laydown.
4. Enter all correct values into the computer as to repeat, tensions, and dryer settings. Set-up job utilizing all the auto-features of the press and fine tune to achieve optimum registration and impression setting.
5. Measure color and work with the Ink Tech, if needed, to get acceptable DE readings for each color and/or proper density and dot gain readings for the process colors by having a working understanding of the Spectrophotometer.
6. Once the job is set-up to meet or exceed customer satisfaction, a tear sheet will be pulled off and approved for all aspects of Quality. The Operator will be the 1st sign off then he must alert a Supervisor and QA.
7. When the job is ready to run, the Operator will maintain Quality while trying to achieve the best possible speed.
8. As each rolls comes off a tear sheet must be inspected for color and sustained best impression, then initialed, dated and filed on the designated shelf.
9. All material usage must be reported, color measurements, ink viscosity and PH will be documented.
10. Load the unwind with new rolls of paper and properly prepare the splice to ensure roll to roll productivity.
11. As the press runs monitor and maintain all operating conditions utilizing good time management and begin to prepare for the next job.
12. Manage all water waste that must go in the storage holding area.
13. Troubleshoot all press issues and consult with Supervisor and Manager on
any unacceptable printed material. Always stop immediately if there is uncertainty with regard to Quality.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned, communicate effectively with all press personnel, Supervisors, and Managers.
15. Work any OT as needed to meet customer requirements.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...