Indian Health Service is Hiring for a Full-Time RN (Ambulatory Surgery) in Whiteriver, AZ.
- Routine schedule is Monday-Thursday with weekends and holidays off.
- Team of 6 nurses, one clerk, two SPD/CSR technicians, one dedicated housekeeper, and one anesthesia provider.
- Five surgical specialties are routinely performed, including General, Ortho, Pediatric, Endo, and Dental
- Performs professional Nursing duties in the perioperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases of surgery.
- Formulates nursing diagnoses to appropriately provide care for patients.
- Develops a plan of care for individual patients.
- Recognizes, identifies, and interprets serious situations, and prioritizes the proper action and informs the physician.
- Operates, arranges, and monitors a variety of surgical drapes, instruments, equipment, and supplies.
- Occasionally assists in Sterile Processing Department.
- Works with Stryker drills and TPS systems, arthroscopic sets, Fujifilm colonoscopes and gastroscopes, use of Scope Buddy, ultrasonic cleaner, STERIS System-1E processor, medium sized Getting Washer/disinfector and autoclaves as well as and various other equipment.
- Some scrub-nurse skills and instrument processing and use of autoclaves etc. is preferred.
- Registered Nurse (RN) License or Certification.
- 2 or more years of Circulating OR Nurse experience
- Associates Degree in Nursing
Pay: $71,635.00 per year
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in addition to salary
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program.
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance plan options
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave, accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after retirement at the same rate as if you were working
About Whiteriver, AZ
Of all the areas to visit, travelers would be hard pressed to find a region offering more more natural beauty, more history and culture, more recreation, more adventure, more memories than Arizona's White Mountains. Whiteriver is located within 20 to 30 miles from the resort towns of Pinetop, Lakeside and Show Low. Ranging from mid-desert in the lower elevations to more than 11,000 feet in the mountains, this region offers a four-season climate. Take the family to a different campsite every weekend. Drive the twisting roads of the Salt River Canyon. Marvel at the Mogollon Rim, a vast geological fault. Cast your line in a lake that mirrors the pines. Golfing is primo throughout the region in the warmer months, and in the winter you can't beat a quick trip to the Sunrise Ski Resort which is only 45 minutes from the hospital.
Reno Gazette Journal. Keywords: Ambulatory Care Nurse, Location: Fort Apache, AZ - 85926
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, coronary, infusion, neonatal, nurse rn, recovery, registed, staff nurse, tcu