Spencer Ogden is seeking candidates for a Deputy Director for our Development Services Group in our client's Phoenix office.
Responsible for developing, leading and implementing the execution of a variety of land development related engineering design and permitting projects. Will provide leadership to engineers and technicians in performing project management activities, develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients both internal and external, and integrate the company culture and approach into project delivery. Utilizing consulting expertise, prepares the scope, budget, and schedule for projects to ensure contract requirements are executed on-time and on-budget. Attend project meetings with internal staff and clients and make presentations concerning specific aspects of engineering projects and oversees the work of technical staff. Works with local, regional or state-level clients to assist them in achieving their goals.
* Development and execution of marketing and business plans for Phoenix Metro Area.
* Develop, maintain and expand the client base through relationships, referrals and networking. Having contacts with commercial and architect clients is seen as a positive.
* Oversee the organization and writing of major proposals and statements of qualification.
* Lead and/or participate in presentations and interviews as appropriate.
* Maintain an active participation in selected professional societies.
* Overall project direction and communications with project teams and clients to ensure that a high-quality management, administrative, and technical service is provided.
* Oversight and/or preparation of work plans and schedules.
* Monitor quality assurance with Phoenix Operations.
* Budget restraints and timely invoicing.
* Ensure reports and other project deliverables completed on time.
* Plan and organize to maintain quality, efficiency and sustainability.
* Ensure that staff resources are deployed in a productive, efficient and profitable manner.
* Maintain project backlog data, master staff schedules, and accounting information for project profitability.
* Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure that project needs are balanced with staff availability.
* Compute effective multipliers and bonus data.
* Monitor and manage account receivables with each project manager and the billing department.
* Ensure that projects achieve the budgeted level of contribution to overhead and profit.
* Develop partnering relationships with leadership to assist on multi-disciplined projects.
* Provide comments and suggestions for the direction of the firm.
* Establish working relationships with senior leadership and offer assistance in marketing, proposal writing, and contract negotiations.
* Generate new client sales at annual targeted rates.
* Maintain billability at annual targeted rates.
* The ability to analyze and interpret business management and technical data.
* Self-directed practitioner with strong project management and project delivery skills.
* Ability to supervise staff, bid projects, and develop project execution plans and technical deliverables.
* Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization and clients.
* Outstanding client and personnel skills and the ability to persuasively communicate at all levels.
* Technical expert with outstanding team building, writing, proposal development, cost estimating, and program execution skills.
* Must be able to work effectively as a leader in a group environment and maintain positive relationships with team members and clients.
* Organized and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
* Exceptional verbal and written communication.
* Possesses knowledge of the public water and wastewater system design, planning, and regulatory process
* Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD, LDD and Civil 3D software.
* Ability, and willingness to travel to project sites and other facility offices.
* Hire and develop the talent needed to achieve department goals: communicate performance expectations, give and seek feedback, provide coaching, support employee development, and recognize achievement and lessons learned.
Education and Experience:
* Undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited program in civil engineering.
* Arizona Professional Engineering (PE) licensure or ability to obtain AZ PE within one year.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive comprehensive land development experience.
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated project and program management experience.
* Significant supervisory and leadership experience.
* Strong industry relationships and an understanding of municipal, state and federal criteria.
* Significant experience and understanding of local, regional, state and federal policies, programs and procedures.
* Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company's MVR.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.