21001 N Tatum Blvd. Suite 12, Phoenix, AZ 85050 USA
Store Team Member
Cashiers | Merchandisers | Sales Associates
As a retail Store Team Member, you are responsible for providing an exceptional customer service experience by providing customers with fast and friendly service. Both part-time and full-time team members may be hired to assist customers on the sales floor proving customer service support, at the front end as a cashier, or as a merchandiser/stock associate to help ensure the store is well-stocked and freight is processed efficiently.
* Deliver exceptional customer service by greeting and establishing a rapport with customers while informing them of our products and services.
* Learn Total Wine & More's product portfolio to provide customers with recommendations and connect them to the right product(s).
* Maintain store visual presentation according to company merchandising guidelines, including the maintaining of aisles by following established sorting and stocking guidelines
* Replenish and maintain inventory, including home spots, end caps, and platforms in preparation for product delivery.
* Perform cashier functions and adhere to minor policy while completing customer transactions.
* Direct customers through the checkout lanes while accurately handling cash, checks, credit cards, travelers checks, gift cards, coupons, and balance a register drawer.
* Maintain store safety standards.
* Ownership of store cleanliness and assist in maintaining standards on the sales floor, stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
* 21 years of age or older
* Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, which may also depend on your preference for part-time or full-time hours
* Ability to use technology applicable to the position and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
* Desire to continually develop retail sales skills and knowledge of product and services
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
* 1 year as a store associate or customer service representative (including greeting customers, building relationships, assisting in locating/selecting/selling product, and identifying/resolving customer issues)
* Prior experience in a team environment requiring professional and effective communication skills
* Wine and liquor sales specialist experience in a retail sales environment
* Handling multiple projects/tasks at a time and meeting deadlines
* History of willingly assisting others and acting as a team player
* Strong interpersonal skills necessary for establishing customer and team relationships
* Ability to demonstrate a positive and engaging attitude and demeanor
* WSE, Sommelier, or other industry certification preferred
* High School Diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodations):
* Ability to walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 10-12 hours a day
* Ability to climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
About Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More is America's Wine Superstorethe country's largest independent retailer of fine wine. We started in 1991 when brothers David and Robert Trone opened two wine stores in Delaware. Today, our typical store carries more than 8,000 wines from every wine-producing region in the world. In addition, Total Wine & More carries more than 2,500 beers, from America's most popular beers to hard-to-find microbrews and imports, and more than 3,000 different spirits from every price range and category.
Our strength is our people. We are always looking for motivated, talented part-time and full-time team members who are interested in working for a company with entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer service. Our retail stores and corporate office (called the Store Support Center) provide retail jobs with opportunity for career growth and advancement. Offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, we strive to ensure that all Team Members feel that they are a part of the business, as they are valuable resources to our customers, co-workers, and communities.